Thank you for using Link-only.com. We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, Star marks, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Link-only.com on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Link-only.com, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have Link-only.com features.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
– Log Data. When you use Link-only.com or go to a webpage or use an app that has Link-only.com features (like our “Star mark It” button), our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Link-only.com features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Link-only.com, and cookie data.
– Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Link-only.com on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Link-only.com and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
– Suggesting Star marks or boards you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that has Link-only.com features, we may suggest food-related Star marks, boards, or people that we think you might like;
– Showing you ads you might be interested in.
– Learn more about how we use information from outside of Link-only.com to customize your Link-only.com experience.
We also use the information we collect to:
– Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like re-Star marks or comments, happens on Link-only.com), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include Star marks you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
– Help your friends and contacts find you on Link-only.com. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Link-only.com when they first sign up for Link-only.com. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Link-only.com using your email address.
– Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Link-only.com does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Link-only.com account, many of the choices you have on Link-only.com are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
– Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Link-only.com account using your email address;
– Link or unlink your Link-only.com account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Link-only.com to that service.
– Create or be added to a secret board. Secret boards are visible to you and other participants in the board, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the board available to anyone else. For example, another participant may invite someone else to the board, make the board available to an app they use to view Link-only.com, or even just take an image from the board and email it to their friends. For more information about secret boards, please visit our Help Center.
– Choose whether Link-only.com will be customized for you using information from off- Link-only.com websites or apps. If you have a Link-only.com account and don’t want your off- Link-only.com data to be used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your “Personalization” preferences. If you don’t have a Link-only.com account, or don’t want us to customize Link-only.com for you when you’re signed out, you can opt out here.
– Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting, and you can learn more about how it affects our collection and use of off- Link-only.com data.
– Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your Star marks and boards from Link-only.com. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
– In addition to the examples above, we offer other choices that you can learn more about in our Help Center.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Link-only.com. For example:
– The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
– Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
Link-only.com is a tool people use to find their inspirations, make them a reality, and inspire others in the process. When you create public boards and Star marks, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
– When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Link-only.com account to those services or publish your activity on Link-only.com to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Star marks to Facebook or Twitter.
– If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Link-only.com; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
– We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
Cookies & 3rd Party Advertisements
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using Link-only.com.com how many people re-Star marked something they shared, or the percentage of people who click a on pin after viewing it.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Link-only.com is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Link-only.com after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable the accounts who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of ours and/or others.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our agent for notice with the following information:
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the our site, with enough detail that we may find it on the website (in most circumstances, we will need a URL);
4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf. Our agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By email: [email protected]